Operations Power Engineer
Be part of an employee owned company. Dynamysk is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "Operations Power Engineer" in the subject line to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant process equipment within their scope of responsibility to meet the business needs of the facility. This includes interacting with and supporting team members across many departments.
• Adherence and enforcement of safety policies and procedures and HSE awareness;
• Application and development of equipment lockouts;
• Issue and management of safe work permitting;
• Operate equipment within established parameters per established procedures;
• Support/response to unit operations and equipment requirements, including Shift Turnover, Start of Shift Orientation, and Defined Rounds;
• Clear communications is a primary responsibility between all required Operators;
• Validate day to day maintenance plan and assess the operational resources required for execution;
• Control Room positions are focused on optimum operations of the plant to meet established targets;
• Report deviations as needed and escalate to the Maintenance/Technical/Production for assistance as required;
• Adhere to all principles of the Production Operators.
• A Power Engineering certificate with a minimum of a 4th class ticket with preference given to 3rd and 2nd class ticket;
• High School diploma or GED equivalent;
• Experience developing standard operating procedures;
• Strong organization planning and new infrastructure development skills;
• Must have MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook);
• Good written and verbal communication;
• Demonstrated experienced in hands-on support of operations, technical, and maintenance work teams;
• A valid drivers’ license may be required;
• Plant site experience in an Upgrader or SAGD operation, oil refinery, or similar industry;