Project Electrical Engineer, P.Eng. - Intermediate / Senior
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in Instrumentation, Controls, and Electrical (ICE) system design, construction and commissioning. Our foundation is a history of trust and respect within the energy industry in Western Canada. Dynamysk provides domain expertise proven to reduce project risk, schedule and cost for our clients. Head office is based in Calgary, Alberta. Dynamysk is very proud to be recognized as Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies in PROFIT Magazine for the last 4 years!
Dynamysk provides many reasons to want to work with us. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we provide other incentives that make the workday easier. Free Parking, Social Events, Excellent benefits/salary and Profit Sharing!
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer P.Eng., with Project Management experience. This person will have proven solid technical know how complimented by a leadership style that brings out the best of a team. You have the drive and commitment to provide solid Electrical Engineering design while being able to manage projects from the front-end engineering design stage through to detailed engineering and construction. Successful candidates will require a dynamic skill set including assertive communication, high competency and excellent time management skills to champion a wide variety of projects.
As a part of the Instrumentation, Electrical and Controls Engineering group, your responsibilities as a Project Electrical Engineer will be as follows:
• Drive expectations and ensure all projects are executed in accordance with the Project Execution Plan.
• Experience in all facets of solution delivery including QA/QC, leadership and proven Project Management methodology.
• Participates in short and long range planning. Originality and ingenuity are required for devising practical and economical solutions to problems.
• Coordinate project specific engineering activities and monitor the quality of the engineering deliverables.
• In charge of completing project closeouts within the required time lines including reconciling costs, finalizing contract permits and licenses.
• Take a project from P&ID’s to completion independently.
• Independently prepare the conceptual electrical design including single line diagrams and load list.
• Execute the preparation of specifications and material requisitions for tendering major electrical equipment including: Transformers, 4160 or higher voltage switchgear, 480 Volt or 600 Volt switchgear, motor control centers & VFDs, uninterruptible power supply, control system hardware, emergency power generation and monitoring systems.
• Perform the area classification study and fugitive emissions calculations.
• Electrical load study, short circuit study, and arc flash study using ETAP.
• Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project.
• Participate in the development of operation, maintenance and start-up philosophies.
• Familiar with PLC/DCS Control Systems. Commissioning experience.
• Coordinate with other disciplines for their equipment and wiring requirements as well as overlapping areas of responsibility, particularly instrumentation and controls.
• Lead the preparation of electrical drawings for construction including single lines, area classification, wiring diagrams, layouts, control panels, termination drawings,
cable routing, lighting, grounding details, cable and conduit schedules, motor control schematics, panel schedules and heat trace design.
• Mentor and lead other Electrical Engineers/Designers on the team for positive Project Success.
• Design of electrical systems for hazardous area classifications.
• Preparation of scope of work, electrical construction specifications, and tender documents for the electrical contract.
• Perform factory inspections and witness testing for quality assurance of electrical apparatus.
• Evaluation of electrical tenders and recommendation.
• Engineering support for electrical construction.
• Preparation of data books, commissioning, start-up, operating manuals and maintenance manuals.
• Perform factory inspections and witness testing for quality assurance of electrical apparatus
• Excellent writing skills and experience preparing technical specification and reports or proposal documents.
• Communication - solid command of the English language, persuasive, good negotiation skills, have the best interest of the company and client.
• Conscious promotion of Dynamysk to clients and prospects.
• Excellent team management skills.
• Knowledge of all federal/provincial safety policies and procedures, knowledge, understanding and application of the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
• Membership in APEGA with P.Eng accreditation.
• PMP an asset.
• 10+ years for Senior - 6-10 years for Intermediate working in the Oil and Gas industry. Alberta experience will be considered first.
• Up to 25% travel.
• Relocation will NOT be considered.
Be part of an employee owned company. Dynamysk is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "Project Electrical Engineer" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.