Controls and Automation Engineer / Technologist - Intermediate, Senior
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in Instrumentation, Controls, and Electrical (ICE) system design, construction and commissioning. Our foundation is a history of trust and respect within the energy industry in Western Canada. Dynamysk provides domain expertise proven to reduce project risk, schedule and cost for our clients. Head office is based in Calgary, Alberta. Dynamysk is very proud to be recognized as Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies in PROFIT Magazine for the last 2 years!
Dynamysk provides many reasons to want to work with us. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we provide other incentives that make the workday easier. Free Parking, Social Events, Excellent benefits/salary and Profit Sharing!
We are currently recruiting for a Controls and Automation Engineer/Technologist to be part of the Instrumentation, Electrical and Controls Engineering group.
• Design, development and technical content of the Controls project work
• Control system architecture design
• Detailed control system design including discipline P&ID input, loop drawings, shutdown key development and control philosophies
• Provide controls discipline input during HAZOP and design reviews
• Modicon, Rockwell ControlLogix PLC, Rockwell (SLC500 series, Plant PAX, ControlLogix), Triconex Tricon SIS or Honeywell Experion DCS and HMI programming and configuration including field commissioning and start-up
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work in one discipline/project/staff group.
• Maintain frequent contact with client, vendors, and internal staff
• Review project controls, cost estimates, quantity take-offs and manpower
• Plan, coordinate and prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for a variety of equipment
• Manage multiple ongoing facility projects, keeping track of daily progress and associated costs while implementing cost-control measures
• Deliver high quality written documentation and engineering work packages.
• Engineer with a P. Eng accredited by APEGA, ASET, CET, RET, or P.Tech(Eng) would be advantageous
• Experience in both PLC and DCS configuration and graphic development, RTU experience would be an asset
• Field commissioning and start-up experience - high customer service mindset
• Travel approximately 25% of the time within Western Canada. Must have valid drivers license.
• Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology Diploma.
This is a Calgary based position, relocation will not be considered.
Be part of an employee owned company. Dynamysk is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "Controls and Automation Technologist/Engineer" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.