Controls and Automation Engineer / Technologist - Intermediate, Senior
We are currently recruiting for a Controls and Automation Engineer/Technologist to be part of the Instrumentation, Electrical and Controls Engineering group. We are looking for all PLC experience, however we have an immediate need for a true Intermediate with Strong Modicon background.
• Design, development and technical content of the Controls project work
• Control system architecture design
• Detailed control system design including discipline P&ID input, loop drawings, shutdown key development and control philosophies
• Provide controls discipline input during HAZOP and design reviews
• Modicon, Rockwell ControlLogix PLC, Triconex Tricon SIS or Honeywell Experion DCS and HMI programming and configuration including field commissioning and start-up
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work in one discipline/project/staff group.
• Maintain frequent contact with client, vendors, and internal staff
• Review project controls, cost estimates, quantity take-offs and manpower
• Plan, coordinate and prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for a variety of equipment
• Manage multiple ongoing facility projects, keeping track of daily progress and associated costs while implementing cost-control measures
• Deliver high quality written documentation and engineering work packages.
• Engineer with a P. Eng accredited by APEGA, CET, RET, or P.Tech(Eng) would be advantageous
• Experience in both PLC and DCS configuration and graphic development, RTU experience would be an asset
• Field commissioning and start-up experience - high customer service mindset
• Travel approximately 25% of the time within Western Canada. Must have valid drivers license.
• Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology Diploma.
Be part of an employee owned company. Dynamysk is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "Controls and Automation Technologist/Engineer" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.